Saturday, October 15, 2011

SCD - Weekend 2

OK, yes, it's almost a week late, we're almost ready for tonight's show. But I was away, and I've been ill. So ill that I've been to the quacks and got some drugs, and been off work AGAIN.

So, here's a very quick summary:

Tess' dresses - not bad at all. Obviously this is unacceptable, and Claudia was made to pay during the results show by being dressed in a matt bin bag. Hideous!

In the following catergories then:

Very Good:
Jason, Harry McFly, Chelsee

Having the time of their life:
Anita Dobson, Russell Grant

Greatly improved:
Robbie Savage, Alex Jones

Average:
Holly, Dan Lobb from ITV, Audley Harrison, Rory Bremner (couldn't pick out the impersonation this week, might have been doing it as himself)

Absolutely Awful:
Edwina Currie, Lulu, Nancy Dell'olio.


Should Edwina have gone? No. She had patronising choreography, again, and Len never likes faffing around with props, which won't have helped, but for my money, she wasn't as bad as Lulu, who had to be practically dragged round the floor by Brendan, and with half of it in practise hold. I'm disappointed. Before this started I had high hopes for her, but two weeks of being poor on the bounce, and I suspect she won't be with us for long. Even the awful Nancy will outlast her at this rate (although hopefully not by much) and whilst I feel sorry for Anton, who never gets an even break in this show, I won't miss her when she goes. I think Edwina could have lasted longer with better choreography. I actually think they should have put her with Anton, and Nancy with Vincent. I think that would have resulted in better outcomes for all concerned.

Good to see Will Young in the results show, and a nice, if somewhat frantic professional show dance. Bring on tonight, when I expect a small rash of jokes about Sir Brucie having actually received his gong this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment